Join BYU Cougarette coaches Stacy Bills and Morgan St. Pierre and the BYU Cougarettes for the best dance camp of the year! This camp is designed to prepare those who may have a desire to audition for and become part of the nineteen-time National Champion BYU Cougarette Dance Team.
Train under the direction of BYU's nationally recognized dancers, including former and current BYU Cougarettes who have been on many of those successful national award-winning teams. You will receive quality instruction in all aspects of dance including technique, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, character and pom. Find out first hand what it takes to become a BYU Cougarette and learn how to prepare to succeed at the college level.
Camp participants will be divided into groups that will allow the intermediate level dancer the time to increase her technique and improve on performance and showmanship. Advanced level dancers will work on ways to improve technique and become more proficient in the dance styles that the Cougarettes focus on throughout the year.
- Receive proper training in turns, leaps and jump execution
- Learn intermediate to elite dance skills
- Learn dance techniques relating to pom and sideline material as well as advanced-level concert and competition material and varied genres of dance that the Cougarettes excel in
- Experience what is expected on a collegiate-level dance team
- Gain insight through coach feedback
- Experience detailed demonstrations
- Improve in all aspects of dance
- Excellent student/teacher ratio
- "Show & Tell" performances at the end of each session
- End-of-camp performance for friends and family
- Camp t-shirt
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch provided for non-housing participants