Applications to be a 2024 Sports Camps Counselor are now open.
To apply, click here or the button at the bottom of this page.
Counselors have the opportunity to work with youth from all over the country and have a positive effect on their lives. We are looking for individuals who are sociable, responsible, and like to work with youth. No athletic experience is required, as Counselors interact with the participants when they are not at their sports practices. The Counselor position is not a coaching position.
Before applying, please read the following general information.
As a Counselor, you will help out during Monday morning registration (times will vary according to your specific camp). For each week that you work, you will be assigned a group of participants with whom you will supervise and interact during the evening activities. Evening activities include ice cream parties, dances, trips to Splash Summit, movie nights, talent shows, and field games. You will also hold a nightly devotional with your participants and conduct a head count each morning and evening. Dependable and accountable Counselors are key to the success of these activities.
Work Schedule for Counselors
- Monday - Friday
- Monday Registration: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Starting times will vary; about 1.5 hours of work.)
- Mandatory Daily Staff Meeting: 3:00 p.m.
- Nightly Assignment: 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. (You are required to stay the night in the dorms.)
- Checkouts: Checkout times will vary. (You are required to check out your participants at the end of the camp.)
All Counselors Receive
- Housing for the duration of their camp (Counselors are responsible to find housing on the weekends.)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the duration of their camp
- Weekly Pay - $520 + up to $100 in additional bonuses for working lunch breaks and longer camps (pay may vary for 2- and 3-day camps)
Dorm Counselor Information
In addition to our Counselor position described above, we also hire eight full-time Dorm Counselors who assist the Head Counselors with supervisory duties. If you are interested in learning more about this position please speak with our Head Counselors.
How do I apply to be a Sports Camps Counselor for the summer of 2024?
To apply, click here or the button below. You do NOT need to be a BYU student to work as a BYU Sports Camps Counselor. Sports Camps Counselors must pass a criminal background check, receive an ecclesiastical endorsement from your bishop, AND have a current temple recommend.
If you have additional questions about working as a Sports Camps Counselor, please contact Kasey Castro (801.422.8073, email@example.com) or Alex Strong (801.422.8228, firstname.lastname@example.org).