Counselors have the opportunity to work with youth from all over the country and have a positive effect on their lives. We are looking for individuals who are sociable, responsible, and like to work with youth. No athletic experience is required, as Counselors interact with the participants when they are not at their sports practices. The Counselor position is not a coaching position.
Before applying, please read the following general information.
As a Counselor, you will help out during Monday morning registration (times will vary according to your specific camp). For each week that you work, you will be assigned a group of participants with whom you will supervise and interact during the evening activities. Evening activities include ice cream parties, dances, trips to Splash Summit, movie nights, talent shows, and field games. You will also hold a nightly devotional with your participants and conduct a head count each morning and evening. Dependable and accountable Counselors are key to the success of these activities.
Work Schedule for Counselors
- Monday - Friday
- Monday Registration: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Starting times will vary; about 1.5 hours of work.)
- Mandatory Daily Staff Meeting: 3:00 p.m.
- Nightly Assignment: 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. (You are required to stay the night in the dorms.)
- Checkouts: Checkout times will vary. (You are required to check out your participants at the end of the camp.)
All Counselors Receive
- Housing for the duration of their camp (Counselors are responsible to find housing on the weekends.)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the duration of their camp
- Weekly Pay - $370 per week plus the option of earning additional pay for those who choose to work during lunch hours
Dorm Counselor Information
In addition to our Counselor position described above, we also hire eight full-time Dorm Counselors who assist the Head Counselors with supervisory duties. If you are interested in learning more about this position please speak with our Head Counselors.
How do I apply to be a Sports Camps Counselor for the summer of 2023?
If you are interested in applying to be a BYU Sports Camps Counselor PLEASE CLICK HERE. Once you click the link you will log in using your BYU Net ID (or you will be asked to create a Net ID), and then select the option "Apply for BYU Sports Camps Counselor." You do NOT need to be a BYU student to work as a BYU Sports Camps Counselor. Sports Camps Counselors must pass a criminal background check, receive an ecclesiastical endorsement from your bishop, AND have a current temple recommend.
Our Head Counselors are happy to answer any questions you may have about the position. Contact Caitlyn Davis or Seth Rather at 801-422-5724 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.