The BYU Boys Lacrosse Camp (Weeks 1 and 2) are identical in their approach and training. Designed for male lacrosse players between the ages of 12-18, both fundamental and advanced skills will be emphasized and taught.
All skill levels and positions are welcome. Players will be evaluated and divided in to 1 of 4 groups on the first day of camp. Groups are organized primarily based on skill level and secondarily based on their age. It is important to provide appropriate training to campers based on their skill level at the time of camp.
Position specific training will be provided to all positions including goalies and face-off specialists. Campers will be placed on competitive teams based on their assigned groups and will have and to compete and improve throughout the week. Players will be given the opportunity throughout the week to change groups in an effort to find the best environment for them to succeed.
Instruction includes: Fundamental Skills (stick work, passing, shooting, ground balls and more), half field and full field transition, 6 v 6, team play and competitive drills and games. Instruction is designed to provide visual understanding of how and why drills are used, while giving every camper "hands-on" experience in implementing drills for future success. All drills are modeled by current collegiate lacrosse players.
- BYU Lacrosse Camp shirt
- Daily raffles and prizes sponsored by STX Lacrosse & BSN Sports
- Specialized coaching at each position
- Lacrosse in College Night (Admissions and Recruiting)
- Low camper-to-coach ratio
- All-Star Game – Each age group.
- Guest lecturers and inspirational speakers
- BYU campus fields
- Competitive games and team tournament in each skill level (age group)
- Skill practices and related drills
- Great campus recreation for housing participants
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch and dinner provided for non-housing participants
Participants MUST bring the following equipment to camp: helmet (NOCSAE-approved), mouth guard, elbow and shoulder pads, gloves and lacrosse stick.
Equipment (helmet, gloves, and elbow and shoulder pads) can be rented for $40, but you must bring your own stick. You may rent equipment when you register for camp.