Track and Field Camps
Join the BYU Cougars for track and field training you won't forget. The vast experience and expertise of the entire BYU track and field coaching staff make this camp an outstanding event! Receive instruction in your specific event: sprints, high jump, long jump, shot put, discus, hurdles, and pole vault. Note: If you're looking for instruction for Middle and Long distance events such as the 800 meter, mile, and 3200 meter you should sign up for the Cross Country/Distance Running Camp.
You will develop training guidelines, learn the elements of competitive psychology and imaging, acquire a working knowledge of nutrition and conditioning and increase your performance through coach feedback.
Whether you're a beginning runner or an advanced competitor, you will benefit from the detailed training specifics such as correct leg configuration, proper training stance, personal training techniques, specific equipment needs and professional conditioning training-details that make the ribbon-breaking difference.
Open to any individual that meets age requirement.
If you are a pole vaulter, you need to supply your own pole. If you do not have a pole, you can rent one for $40 when you register online.
THERE WILL BE NO INSTRUCTION FOR THE JAVELIN AT THE SUMMER 2020 TRACK & FIELD CAMPS.
- Receive instruction from BYU's coaching staff
- Develop skills in your specific event
- Improve your performance through time trials and competitions
- Improve your form through analysis of training films
- Learn the elements of imaging and conditioning for your own event
- Individualized instruction
- Training in your event
- Conditioning and weight training
- Classroom theory
- Visualization and psychological preparation
- Camp T-shirt
- Great campus recreation for housing participants
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch and dinner provided for non-housing participants