BYU Sports Camps 2021 Summer COVID-19 Management Policy
BYU Sports Camps looks forward to once again hosting in-person camps during Summer 2021. Because the health and safety of our participants and staff is of utmost importance, BYU Sports Camps has implemented a COVID-19 management plan, as set forth below, to guard against the risks associated with COVID-19. All youth and their parents will be expected to abide by these responsibilities and protocols as a condition of participation. COVID-19 conditions are dynamic and BYU Sports Camps reserves the right, at its own discretion, to cancel any program for health and safety reasons. In the event of cancellation of a program for COVID-19 related reasons, BYU Sports Camps will provide full refunds to participants.
- Stay home if you feel sick. Participants are not eligible to participate if they (1) are symptomatic within the past 48 hours, (2) have tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet completed required isolation, or (3) have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and not yet completed required quarantine. (NOTE: Full refunds will be offered for health-related cancellations up to the first day of camp.)
- Wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth as directed by camp staff. Participants should provide their own mask(s). Mask wearing will likely be mandatory inside all university buildings, in all classroom settings, and in outdoor areas when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Self-report to staff any COVID-19 symptoms that arise during camp session.
- Follow staff instructions, including those related to social distancing, quarantining, and testing.
- Do not bring or send youth/child to the camp if they (1) are symptomatic within the past 48 hours, (2) have tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet completed isolation, or (3) have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 and not yet completed quarantine. (NOTE: Full refunds will be offered for health-related cancellations up to the first day of camp.)
- Promptly retrieve your child from camp upon notification that they are exhibiting symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. Until the youth is retrieved, parents are responsible for any additional costs associated medical care, as well as housing and meals beyond those normally provided in that camp.
BYU Sports Camps Protocols:
- Campers will be asked at check-in to verify whether they 1) have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the previous 48 hours; 2) have recently been in close physical contact with someone with COVID-19; 3) are waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test they took due to symptoms or recent potential exposure; or 4) are currently required to isolate or quarantine.
- Physical distancing. Camp activities are being designed and/or modified to encourage social distancing where feasible.
- Daily screening. Youth and staff will be asked to participate in daily COVID-19 screening through either a mobile phone app or paper forms questionnaire.
- Any participants with symptoms associated with COVID-19 during the camp, or who have had close contact with another participant with symptoms, will be isolated or quarantined in separate housing.
- Parents will be immediately notified if their child is experiencing symptoms, or if their child has had close contact to someone with symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test, so that arrangements may be made for retrieval and/or testing.
This policy is subject to change at any time and at BYU Sports Camps’ sole discretion. Please check this page often for any updates or modifications.