Cougarette Audition Prep Workshop
Join BYU Cougarette coaches Stacy Bills and Morgan St Pierre and the BYU Cougarettes Audition Prep Workshop! This workshop is designed to not only prepare those who may have a desire to audition for and become part of the 24-time National Champion BYU Cougarette Dance Team, but to also challenge dancers’ artistry and versatility in several styles of dance.
Train under the direction of BYU's nationally recognized and award winning Cougarette dancers. You will receive quality instruction in all aspects of dance including technique, jazz, contemporary, hip hop and pom. Find out first-hand what it takes to become a BYU Cougarette and learn how to prepare to succeed at the college level and push yourself a little further.
Intensive participants will be expected to keep up on an advanced level in all genres.
- Receive proper training in turns, leaps and jump execution
- Learn dance techniques relating to pom and sideline material as well as advanced-level concert and competition material and varied genres of dance in which the Cougarettes excel
- Experience what is expected on a collegiate-level dance team
- Gain insight through coach feedback
- Experience detailed demonstrations
- Improve in all aspects of dance
This event runs from 9 AM - 2 PM . Check-in begins at 8:30 AM at the East Court of the Smith Fieldhouse.
LUNCH WILL NOT BE PROVIDED
Registration will open on Friday, February 16, 2024 at 9 a.m. MT.