Cross Country and Distance Running Camp
Join BYU Cross Country coaches Ed Eyestone and Diljeet Taylor at the top Cross Country Camp in the nation! Each of these coaches has led their team to the NCAA national championship within the last 3 years. Coach Eyestone coached the men's cross country national champion for 2021 and Coach Taylor coached the women's cross country national champion for 2021.
Located at the base of the Wasatch Mountain Range on the campus of Brigham Young University, this camp allows you to train at an altitude of 4800 feet where you can learn what it takes to maximize your potential as a runner.
Each morning begins with a run along the trails in the foothills of Y-Mountain or along the river bottoms next to the Provo River. Current members of the BYU cross country team will run with you and our skilled staff will place you in ability groups that will allow you to train with runners of your same ability. Whether you are a beginner or a State champion there will always be a group for you!
Coaches Eyestone and Taylor will lead discussions throughout the day on such topics as elite level nutrition, training theory, sports psychology, racing strategy, proper running form, injury prevention and treatment and what it takes to run at the college level.
They will also share stories and videos of numerous BYU All-American athletes and National Champions and teach what it takes to compete at the highest level.
Our goal is for you to have fun as you run and gain valuable knowledge that will help you become the best runner that you can be!
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
- Receive instruction from BYU's coaching staff
- Develop skills in your specific event
- Run and hike in the beautiful Wasatch Mountains
- Develop training guidelines using the camp training booklet
- Compete with other campers in a stress free cross country race
- Learn proper running mechanics through analysis of video
- Learn the elements of strategy, psychology and conditioning for your own event
- Run with members of the BYU cross country teams
- Camp training booklet
- Conditioning and weight training
- Classroom theory
- Image visualization and psychological preparation
- Camp T-shirt
- Great campus recreation for housing participants
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch and dinner provided for non-housing participants