Come join the BYU Swimming Head Coach Shari Skabelund and her coaching staff at the BYU Swimming Camp! Our camp offers four days of training and feedback. You will define your own specific needs as a competitive swimmer, determine personal training guidelines to meet these needs and then develop individual goals to increase your performance potential throughout the year. To help determine these guidelines, you will receive interval training evaluations and coach critiques specific to your needs.
Throughout the week you will increase your performance potential through the use of drills, workout sets, time trials, competitions and video sessions. In class, you will discover the theory behind powerful, winning strokes. You will study detailed sequential movements of competitive strokes, learn fundamental competitive techniques, view contemporary training films and receive valuable feedback from the analysis of personal videotapes. In the pool you will undergo extensive drills, workout sets and time trials. You will review your personal videotaping in class to give you insight into your training strengths and weaknesses, helping you increase your competitive edge.
Open to any individual that meets age requirement.
- Receive instruction from BYU coaches
- Receive an interval training evaluation
- Measure training effectiveness through drills
- Increase performance through time trials and competitions
- Develop endurance and speed through training sets
- Improve your competitive edge through analysis of training films
- Learn swimming theory
- Train with swimmers from across the country
- BYU training facilities
- Intersquad meets
- Videotape evaluations
- Daily workouts
- Classroom theory
- Take-home instruction booklet
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch provided for non-housing participants