Boys and Girls Beginning-Elite Levels
Join BYU women's tennis head coach Holly Parkinson Hasler as she oversees the BYU Tennis Camps! Learn strategies, tactics and techniques through drills, on-court instruction and singles and doubles play.
Players will receive instruction on the fundamentals of all major strokes and will practice these strokes through feeding, live-ball drilling and competitive match-play. Students will hone their skills as they have an opportunity to advance through each of five stations that are set up to practice every aspect of their game. They will also have an opportunity to improve their fitness and participate in competitive off-court games that focus on enhancing their flexibility through stretching, agility and endurance. In addition, they will play competitive matches in both singles and doubles.
This is excellent preparation for anyone interested in participating in high school tennis or preparing to compete in USTA leagues and/or tournaments. On Friday of each week, all participants will play in an individual singles tournament against players that are at their level. Trophies are awarded for the winners and runner-ups, but all will play multiple matches. The camp concludes after the tournament on Friday with an awards ceremony. The ceremony begins at 1 p.m. and ends at 1:30 p.m. for those making family or travel plans.
- Learn and practice the fundamentals of stroke production
- Coach Hasler will be conducting seminars on goal setting, mental toughness, and match play preparation and strategies
- Station feeding, live-ball drilling and competitive games to work on consistency
- Competitive match play as a member of a team
- Singles and doubles match play
- Participation in a culminating singles tennis tournament (championship and consolation draw format)
- Compete against players at your own skill level
- Singles and doubles tournaments
- Instruction from BYU team members
- Trophies and other awards
- Tour of Hall of Fame and other BYU athletic facilities
- Activities with other camps for campus housing participants
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided for housing participants; lunch provided for non-housing participants